We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data, including encrypting your information to applicable industry standards.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
So you only need to look in one place to find out all you need to know about how the Group collects and processes your personal information, this policy covers our Website (being any website operated by MY J BEAUTY SHOP), our stores and any correspondence you have with the Group in relation to our retail offering.
Any changes we make to this policy will be reflected on this page and notified to you by email, where appropriate.
Who we are
Information we may hold about you
When you register to use our Website, purchase a product, register to receive our emails, register for our Recognition Loyalty Programme, apply for a job, enter a competition or promotion run by MY J BEAUTY SHOP or contact us, personal data you provide, such as your name, date of birth, contact details (including social media accounts), telephone number, transaction history, log in and payment information, will be collected.
When you browse our Website, whether or not you are registered, purchase a product, register to receive our emails, register for our Recognition Loyalty Programme or make a job application, we and our partner advertising networks, advertisers and advertising affiliates (Third Party Advertisers), will collect user information such as your location, language, assumed gender, IP address, when you visited our Website, how you arrived on our Website, where you visit after our Website, the pages you visited, how long you spend browsing individual pages on our Website or App, any products you have viewed, purchased, or put in your basket, and the browser (where applicable) and device you used to access our Website.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent in the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; to prevent or detect a crime; to ensure that MY J BEAUTY SHOP complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards or targets are being met; and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
How we may use your personal data
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To fulfill your order – we require your identification, contact and payment information to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without this information (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfill any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc and to meet any legal obligations for the retention of transactional data); Certain products will be processed and delivered direct from some of our supplier partners either as part of our drop ship model or market place offering.
- To tell you about similar products and services, or products and services that you ask us to send you information about, by email, post, mobile, telephone and/or through other digital means (depending on your stated preferences) including social media platforms;
- To provide you with services you request from us, including the sale and/or distribution of products made available to you through Direct Supply;
- To register you on the Website (where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address or change in your marketing preferences);
- To administer our Website;
- To analyse, and improve, the use of our Website, including how you move around our Website;
- To measure and analyse our advertising;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you, other users of our Website, and users of the services of our Third Party Advertisers about products or services that may interest you or them;
- To keep in touch with you regarding your marketing preferences;
- To keep our Website, and network safe and secure;
- To process payments, and detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and/or any other criminal activity (we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions); and
- To assess and process your job application.
We process this data where you have given us consent to use it, where it is necessary to perform our contract, to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, where required by law or in pursuit of our legitimate interests where these are not overridden by your rights and interests, such as to provide appropriate marketing and to maintain our services.
How long we keep your information
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose(s) for longer than is necessary and we will only retain the relevant personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose.
We will retain the personal information you provided on registering an account on our Website or as part of our Recognition Loyalty Programme so long as that account remains in existence.
In the case of any contact you may have with our customer services department, we will retain those details for as long as is necessary to resolve your query and for a short period after the query is closed.
On making a purchase through our Website, we will retain certain limited personal information such as your name, email address and postal address until you ask us to update or delete those details for the purpose of reporting new and existing users to our affiliate advertisers. We retain transaction information for the longer of as long as you hold a Recognition Loyalty Programme Account or required by law. We will retain information regarding your website browsing history for a similar period.
If we are legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also retain some of your personal information for a limited period of time, even after you have closed your account.
We will retain your information for a short time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place.
How we might share your personal data
We may share your personal data with:
- Other companies in the Group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
We may also share your personal data with carefully selected third parties who assist us in providing you with products, advertisements and services. This will include the following types of third party:
- Our professional advisers, including, without limitation, our insurers;
- Our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors;
- Our Third Party Advertisers; and,
- Our Direct Supply partners, who will provide certain products/services directly to you and will require your personal data to process and deliver your order (including warehousing, order packing, delivery, returns and general administration);
- Our Direct Supply middleware providers, who operate the platform through which the order you place on this Website is shared with the relevant Direct Supply partner; and,
- Search engine and web analytics providers.
In the event that we were to sell our business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to any prospective/actual purchaser and/or their advisers.
We may also disclose your personal data where we are subject to a legal obligation to do so, in connection with the prevention or detection of crime, for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or where we consider that we receive a valid request for disclosure. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you, by accessing the customer preference centre or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you. If you chose to exercise this right, then in certain circumstances any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
To exercise these rights, we need to be suitably satisfied of your identity and so may request you provide identification documents or confirm other details we may hold about your (such as a recent delivery reference or address).